We are pulling together case studies about citizens being involved in decision-making at a local level.
We want your ideas of great stories to include.
In particular, we want examples that show:
- What impact citizen participation can have
- New ways of involving citizens in decision-making
- What shapes decision-maker’s attitudes towards citizen participation
- How citizens feel about taking part
- How learning about good practice is being shared and efforts joined-up
- Where government at other levels are taking interest and supporting local participation
So far, we’ve focussed on the UK and Europe, but we’d love to hear ideas from further afield too.
It’s not just about local government – other examples from the local level are also very welcome.
Perhaps there’s a great project out there you think we should be celebrating. Maybe you’d like to share your story of setting something up, or of taking part in a process. Whatever it is, we’d love to hear your suggestions.
How You Can Share Your Ideas
In an email: email@example.com
Keep an eye on our Twitter over the next month and add your ideas to the conversation: @PublicSquareUK
Grab a virtual sticky note and stick your ideas on this board.
What Will Happen Next
We’ll reach out to learn more – either by email or by a quick call. If you can connect us with someone we can speak to about your story, please get in touch about this by email.
We are also interested in reposting existing stories on our site if there is a story you’d like to share more widely.
From your stories we will create case studies – these will be freely available on our new Public Square site when this is launched.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you want to learn more about our research you can see our Learning Strategy, including our key lines of enquiry here.