- Setting up Your Priorities for Frome
- Early planning of a Participatory Budgeting sift event for Frome
- Finalising plans for a training workshop in Calderdale
- We were capturing what was heard from two days scoping out Glasgow’s involvement in Public Square.
This week we will…
- Set up the online idea generation and discussion platform Your Priorities for Frome Town Council’s Participatory Budgeting process. This is an open source tool, and we’ll be sharing more information about it as we go.
- Draft out plans for a sift event in Frome to whittle proposals down to a final shortlist for voting on.
- Finalise plans for a training workshop in Calderdale, to help prepare staff and volunteers for putting prototypes into action to run conversations with residents.
What we’re thinking…
- With Frome we’ve been discussing whether its useful to use ‘likes’ on online platforms. On one hand they can indicate levels of support, but they remain quite a crude mechanism. Rather than removing this feature, one option can be to help citizens reflect on what these show, and what they don’t. Frome are using a sift event after idea generation and this is something that can be talked through with these participants.
- We’ve been working closely with the comms team from Calderdale as part of our work there. Andrew Peacock, from the council has just published a guest blog on our site about the comms workshop which we took part in with colleagues from the council.