- Scoping out how we can work with Glasgow City Council and Glasgow Life.
- Comms planning with Calderdale.
- Planning a training workshop in Calderdale.
- Spent two days in Glasgow with Glasgow City Council and Glasgow Life to scope out our Public Square project together. We also developed a community engagement plan and look forward to further developing our plans and sharing more about our work there shortly!
- Met with the comms team from Calderdale Council to discuss plans for a website supporting their Calderdale Conversations. Next stage is mocking up a version of the site.
- Drew up plans for a training workshop for staff and volunteers interested in running these conversations.
- Explored with Frome Town Council what online ideation generation for Participatory Budgeting could look like using the Your Priorities platform.
This week we will…
- Write up data from our Glasgow workshops.
- Work to ensure we have a good number of resources being developed and shared through our Public Square channels – such as blog posts, podcasts, links to great resources we’ve come across. We’re going to do some work on our communications calendar to make sure we’re getting it right.
What we’re thinking…
- It’s sometimes just like watching magic happen when we bring a room full of people together, who share different views and wear different ‘hats’; seeing what is developed by working together is brilliant. We’re delighted to be able to create the opportunities and spaces for this to happen through Public Square within local government – and we’re excited to share with you over the coming weeks the details of what we’ll be up to in Glasgow.
- All over the world, many different organisations are trying out many forms of participatory democracy— and we can all benefit from following each others’ experiences. To make it easy to keep up with the news from every quarter, we’ve put together a Twitter list.